Qld. Health Dental services for adults


Adults in Queensland can access free publicly funded dental care if they meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • are a Queensland resident and be eligible for Medicare; and
  • receiving benefits from one of the following concession cards: 
    • Pension Concession Card Issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs;
    • Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink;
    • Health Care Card;
    • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card; or,
    • Queensland seniors card.

This eligibility is extended to dependents named on an eligible adult’s concession card.

For more information about adult eligibility criteria, refer to the Oral Health Services Eligibility Guideline (PDF 71 kB).

There may be additional eligibility criteria to access public dental specialist services. The availability of dental specialist services varies between locations and Hospital and Health Services. For more information about access to specialist dental services in your area, contact your local Queensland Health dental clinic.


Public sector oral health services are funded by the government and are provided at no charge to eligible clients. Transport to and from dental clinics is the responsibility of each individual client.

Contact your nearest public dental clinic to make an appointment. Find a clinic in your local area by searching the list of dental clinics.

Frequently asked questions

Question: How can I access dental care if I don’t meet the eligibility criteria for publicly-funded adult services?

Question: Is there a waiting list for publicly-funded services?

Question: What are dental vouchers?

Question: What services are available at publicly funded dental clinics?


The Federal Government has closed the Medicare CDDS effective as of now. Any eligible work under the scheme must be completed before 1st December, 2012.

DentuCare Denture Professionals are happy for you to continue with us as a private, fee paying patient and will offer competitive fees for any future service you may require.

If you are a pensioner or Health Care Card holder, you may be eligible for treatment at the state government dental clinic, so should contact your nearest hospital. It is important to remember that you may be placed on a waiting list, so don’t wait too long if you think you may require treatment.

For more information, visit the government website below:
Department of Health and Ageing Dental Care Services.
Look for the “Patient Information” section.



© G&L Morris Investments Pty. Ltd. 2020

All material on this web site is protected by copyright under the Copyright Act 1968. Any personal, public or academic usesare welcome.  Acknowledgement of this website as the source for this material during presentations would be appreciated.  Any student, dentist, DP or other professional who finds this material useful is welcome to print and distribute it to patients, or to refer their patients to this website. You are not welcome though to cut and paste any of the material on this website onto your own website and then claim it as your work. Internet or mass media use of this material is strictly forbidden and appropriate legal action will be taken against any breach.  We regularly check for plagiarism using a very easy, commonly used method.  Requests and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be addressed to Site Administrator, Graeme Morris, P.O Box 535, Beenleigh, Qld. 4207 Australia.

Leave comment

NewsOur Prices